This picture is of Tracy with Jr's family eating our lunch in front of Buckingham Palace.
Here is one of Jr's kids, Kaleb. He was excited to go to Picadilly Circus, until he found out there weren't any clowns there. Sorry, Kaleb! :-)
Here's Tracy and me at Stonehenge. I didn't know what Stonehenge was all about before I got there. I took the audio tour and I still don't know what Stonehenge is all about - Neither do the experts, apparently.
This is a shot of St Paul's cathedral. I was hoping to "feed the birds" but apparently Mary Poppins lied. The song goes "Everyday on the steps of St Paul...the dear old bird woman calls...feed the birds...". Sadly, the Bird Woman wasn't there, so we didn't get off the bus.
We got the biggest kick out of this. On the subway, instead of saying "Watch your step", the English say "Mind the gap". I liked it so much, I bought a hat with that saying on it.
Overall, we had a great time. We loved the English accents, especially hearing the children speak it. We learned new words and phrases from Jr's kids like "argy-bargy" which means an argument. We ate fish and chips like the locals. We tried Iron Brew. It was an enlighening experience being able to go to the land of our fore-fathers.
1 comment:
Curtis,
Iron Brew is disgusting... Mind the Gap is probably the best thing about the UK. I forgot to tell you to find some run down street with a Turkish take-out place and get a Donner Kebab. You wouldn't have come back home if you had one of those...
Dale
Post a Comment