Friday, April 18, 2008

Our month of April

This month is such a special one, it's birthday time for Nora and Curtis. Nora celebrated her 4th b-day on April 12th. We had a little birthday party for her on her day, and we celebrated it with her some of her friends on the 15th. She really had a great time this past week since it seems that she had a birth-week, not just a day. Cousin Kylee, my sister M'Lee, and my dad were all here for her b-day.

For my b-day, I spent the day at the Univ of Maryland. Then I came home to find my wonderful little family with a few presents and an ice cream cake.





Today, my dad and I, took a trip to Glen Mills, PA to visit the land of my inheritance. This home was named "Brooznoll", or breazy hill, by my ancestors who came to America for religious freedom. They were Quakers and left England to avoid persecution. This home was built by my ancestors, who had 17 children (I have no intentions of following in their footsteps). The new owners of the home were very gracious to let us come and interupt their day and give us a little Hoopes family history lesson.

If you can see the inscription, it says 1723 - that was the year the first section of the house was complete. The next section was complete in 1740. The wood portions of the house were added by non-Hoopes around 1920. The home was originally set on 500 acres, it now sits on 1 acre.
This next week, my dad and I will be traveling to San Antonio to find a home for my family to move into. Hopefully, it will serve my family as well as Brooznoll served my ancestors for the 200 years they lived there.

No comments: