I am glad to announce another day of successful travel without any new car troubles to report. Thanks to the time change (going from Eastern to Central time) we were able to wake up early and hit the trail sooner, kind of.
We made great time crossing AL, MS, and into LA. We have seen some incredible country along the way since we have crossed MD, VA, TN, AL, MS, LA and finish in TX. We crossed the Mississippi river today before entering LA. This is the second time we have got to cross that river. It feels cool doing it, like we are a modern day Lewis and Clark expedition.
LA is interesting. I knew there was lots of swamp land here but I never imagined how much. It's truly amazing seeing all the swamps with the tree stumps sticking up all over. Pretty cool! We ate at a local Cajun-style restaurant tonight, which was very tasty! I wanted to eat some crawfish but it was a bit expensive so I had to settle for chicken and shrimp. This trip has been culturally enlightening.
1 comment:
What no alligator? You have got to try that at least once. :) Glad that you guys are still safe, hope that last leg of the trip is good and I am sure that Tracy will love your new home.
Post a Comment