Saturday, December 20, 2008

How we spent a Christmas gift


Last week, Tracy and I were talking about how we needed to have the missionaries over more often. Then on Sunday, while I was sitting in church (Tracy wasn't with me since she stayed home with Nora), the missionaries' meal schedule happened to end-up in my hands. I noticed that there was an opening on Thursday night. I knew this was more than a coincidence since we were just talking about feeding these guys and I happened to have that day off of work.
I promptly signed up for the day. When I got home, proud of my accomplishments, I told Tracy what I had done. She then, gently, reminded me that she and the other two girls had a previous engagement and that we would have to cancel the missionaries meal. I told her not to worry, and that Nora and I would go ahead and entertain.
When Tracy was leaving on Thursday night, I still hadn't formulated a meal plan (go figure). I told her not to worry, that I would take them out for some fast Mexican food at Taco Cabana. She then reminded me of a gift certificate I had gotten for Christmas from my youngest sister, Valayne (that would be sister #8, or child #12, however you want to look at it). So, Nora and I took the missionaries out for dinner. We had a great time with them. What's cool is that one of the missionaries is from Vallejo, CA - close to where we lived at Travis AFB. One of the waiters told us he had just received his mission call and would be leaving in January.
We had some good ol' Mormon style fun. I know the missionaries appreciated the meal since both told me they hadn't been to Olive Garden for a few years.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I bet the missionaries LOVED that! Nora looks like she had a good time too

Terri said...

Curtis you're so good! I'm sure they loved that--they probably get tired of the same old Mormon fare served for their dinners. : )

Carolann said...

Wow, that was very generous of you, but totally worth it to feed the missionaries!

Shaina said...

Who doesn't love olive garden? Yummy.

it's just lisa said...

Hey Guys! Thanks for the card! I ejoyed looking through your blog. Miss you!

Lisa Bowman

Robin said...

How fun to have the guys out and Nora. I bet she loved it more than all you boys! Who can beat Olive Garden?